The complete nomination slate for the 2018 TCSA Leadership Election is on the Texas Charter Schools Association’s (TCSA) Quality Portal and electronic voting starts tomorrow! The voting portal is open from October 5, 2018 through October 24, 2018. Don’t forget to vote!
To Cast Your Vote
Log into the TCSA Quality Portal. Click on “Membership Voting” (top right hand side of page in red font. See Arrow).
There you will find the nomination slate, candidate campaign videos, candidate biographies, and their school’s profile for your review and consideration. Click on “Start your Vote” (bottom right hand side of page in gray box. See Arrow).
Note: Once you click the Start Your Vote button, you MUST NOT leave the ballot until you are ready to submit your completed ballot. THIS IS A CRITICAL TO ENSURE YOU VOTE IS COUNTED.
Fast Facts on Voting
- The voting page is only accessible to member schools’ leaders.
- Only the charter leader, or a designated school representative, may cast a vote using the charter leader’s TCSA Quality Portal log-in information.
- If you have forgotten your log-in information, please click on the link titled ‘Forgot Password’ on the TCSA Quality Portal login page to request a reset of your password.
- One charter, one ballot. The voting portal does not allow the submission of more than one ballot per school.
- Voting is confidential – the system does not track how a particular member school voted.
- Member schools are eligible to vote only for the two membership categories for which they are categorized: 1) Size (Small or Large) and 2) Charter Mission (College Preparatory, Dropout Recovery, Early Childhood and Elementary Education, RTC/JDC, Special Mission, University Charter).
- Small Schools (enrollment of 1499 or under) will vote for a Small School Representative leadership vacancy (but not a Large School Representative).
- Large Schools (enrollment of 1500 or more) will vote for a Large School Representative leadership vacancy (but not a Small School Representative).
- RTC/JDC School will vote for a RTC/JDC Representative leadership vacancy (but not for any other charter mission category).
The last day to vote will be Wednesday, October 24, 2018. TCSA will announce the winners at the Member Council Meeting held at the TCSA Annual Conference on October 25, 2018 at 12 noon.
Any run-off election(s) will be conducted by paper ballot at the Member Council Meeting on October 25. Only charter leaders (or their proxy) who are present may vote in a run-off election. New leadership terms will begin January 1, 2019.