Two of the important conference breakout strands emphasize training in effective governance as well as developing school and network leadership systems. Here’s a sampling of breakout sessions in these two strands:
Why is Good Charter School Governance so Difficult? presented by Mike Mizzoni of BoardOnTrack – Monday, October 28 – 10:45 a.m.
Great boards are well-staffed and well-supported. They have the right people in the right roles, doing the right work. And, by measuring their performance, they improve their capabilities over time. In this interactive workshop, we’ll hand over the keys to great charter school governance. Whether you’re focused on ending your first year strong, preparing to replicate, and managing a rapidly-scaling organization, you’ll take away actionable strategies and practices for your governance team. Together, we’ll explore:
- How to ensure you’ve got the right people in the right roles, from charter starter to rapidly-scaling organization
- The systems and processes that make great board meetings
- How to establish and strengthen a board-CEO partnership that, in turn, strengthens your organization.
If you don’t grow your people, who will? A Model for Developing Organizational Capacity: presented by Troy Mooney, EdD and Lani Norman of Life School – Tuesday, October 29th, 2:00 p.m.
Employees are overtrained and underdeveloped. Learn how to develop leaders at all levels in your organization to improve student outcomes. Participants will explore how to build capacity by redefining systems and empowering leaders in order to create a sustainable learning culture that will:
- Develop a systematic approach to creating leaders at all levels in their organization
- Build organizational capacity through systems-thinking
- Identify critical personnel groups to develop that improve student outcomes
Avoiding Chaos: Leadership Development and Succession Planning presented by attorney Darrick Eugene of Darick Eugene Law Firm – Wednesday, October 30th, 9:45 a.m.
The charter school movement started over 20 years ago and organizations that were new and novel are now mature and possibly in transition. As these organizations grow from founder lead to management lead, they may experience growing pains and challenges with navigating that path. This presentation will provide guidelines and strategies for leadership development and succession planning that will give school leadership resources to avoid potential pitfalls. Through case studies, group discussion and real world examples attendees will be encouraged to participate in and lead their organizations to new horizons.
- Have you registered for the conference? Do so now before rates go up!
- Have you downloaded the 2019 Conference App? It’s the best way to get the most updated information about the conference, including speakers, sessions, and special events!
- Questions? Call our conference registration hotline at 1-855-389-8723 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org