The deadline for 2019 TCSA Leader of the Year nominations is July 15th, 2019. LOTY awardees will each receive:
- An award of $1,000;
- A free registration to the 2019 Texas Charter Schools Conference where they will receive recognition during the awards ceremony;
- A prepared media statement for the awardee’s use; and
- An opportunity to share ideas quarterly through the TCSA Weekly Bulletin and the Texas Charter Exchange blog.
LOTY nominees are current administrators (main office or campus) who have at least five years of experience working in a Texas public charter school, have served on at least one TCSA member committee or council and work for a charter that is a current TCSA member. In addition they should:
- Help to create innovative and creative spaces and approaches with the potential to be expanded or replicated either locally or statewide;
- Earn the respect of students, parents and charter colleagues;
- Advocate for the local and state charter movement and serve within their community;
- Serve as a leader within their region, willing to mentor other leaders
Board members, administrators, teachers, students or parents and community member may nominate eligible applicants for these awards. Please take a moment today to nominate a deserving leader here!