The deadline for 2019 TCSA Teacher of the Year nominations is July 15th, 2019. TOTY awardees will each receive:
- An award of $1,000;
- A free registration to the 2019 Texas Charter Schools Conference where they will receive recognition during the awards ceremony;
- A prepared media statement for the awardee’s use; and
- An opportunity to share ideas quarterly through the TCSA Weekly Bulletin and the Texas Charter Exchange blog.
TOTY nominees must have at least two years of teaching experience working in a Texas public charter school and teach for a charter that is a current TCSA member. In addition they should:
- Use innovative teaching strategies that inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn;
- Have earned the respect of students, parents and charter colleagues;
- Advocate for the charter movement and serve in their community;
- Serve as a leader on the campus, willing to mentor other educators;
- Engage with students, parents and community members in a poised and articulate manner
Board members, administrators, teachers, students or parents and community member may nominate eligible applicants for these awards. Please take a moment today to nominate a deserving teacher here!