Something New: EISO Training
Many member schools have inquired about the 3-hour SB 1566 Evaluating and Improving Student Outcomes (EISO) training that is required for ISD elected trustee boards by September 1, 2018. This training is not required for charter boards; however, it is excellent training for any charter governance board as the training allows boards and CEOs to:
- Understand student outcomes and why they matter
- Develop SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Results-Focused, and Timebound) goals linked to measurable student outcomes with an identified baseline, target, population, and deadline.
- Develop a system of Progress Monitoring to evaluate progress towards goal attainment
- Understand the latest changes in the A-F Accountability System and how the EISO process can facilitate improved student performance
TCSA is one of only a handful of Authorized Providers who are eligible to provide this training. TEA has mandated that this training be conducted “live” so no on-demand course option is available. If you are interested, contact Dr. Bruce Marchand to make plans to provide this 3-hour training for your board.
Upcoming TCSA Professional Development Opportunities
Below are upcoming training opportunities for TCSA members:
- May 1st 4:00 p.m. – Employee Situations Regarding Alleged Harassment, Retaliation, or Discrimination presented by Joe Hoffer (Free Webinar)
- May 7th 9:00 a.m. – Texas Credit Enhancement Program for Charter Schools presented by the Texas Public Finance Authority (Free Webinar)
- May 16th 9:00 a.m. – School Safety and Active Shooter Threats – Next Steps presented by Ed Rivas of AIG (Free Webinar)
- May 22nd 4:00 p.m. – Charter Advocacy 101 for CEOs, Boards, and Campus Administrators presented by Martha Fernandez and Erika Rocha of TCSA (Free Webinar)
- June 5th 4:00 p.m. – Preventable Pitfalls to Avoid Poor Performance – 19 Practices TEA Recommends For Your Charter School presented by Jeffrey Cottrill of TEA (Free Webinar)
- June 26th 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Charter School Law Institute Texas Legal Seminar: Student Civil Rights Summit (discounted early-bird pricing available through May 25th)
May 15th Deadline – Conference Call for Proposals
Time is running short for you to submit a conference session proposal for the 2018 TCSA Conference. Proposals are due May 15th. Proposals can be in one or more of the following strands – Innovation, Advocacy, Finance, Governance, Leadership and Coaching, Operations, Student Success and Learning, School Law, Growth, Safety and Security, Strategic Planning, Marketing, and Communication. Schools and individuals may submit multiple proposals. Contact Dr. Bruce Marchand if you have any questions.
April 26th Member Council Reminder
Be sure to make time to attend the Member Council Meeting next Thursday, April 26th at 9:00 a.m. in Austin. The agenda is robust with a focus on charter advocacy and getting your voice heard as we rely on your input to craft legislative priorities for the 86th Legislative session. A virtual attendance option is available for those unable to attend in person.
We Need Your Input on Training
TCSA has in-person and on-demand training available for governance boards, CEOs, leadership staff, and campus administrators that can be customized to meet your needs. Contact me and let me know how we can meet your training needs!