It is time to update your Special Education Policies for the Education Service Center (ESC) Region 18 Legal Framework! Texas Charter Schools Association (TCSA) Legal Team updated all of the necessary policies, including:
- Admissions, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee
- Compliance with Federal Funding Requirements IDEA
- Transfer of Parental Rights at Age of Majority
- Referral for Possible Special Education Services
- Dyslexia Services
- Residential Facility
- Special Education Cameras
- Student Discipline
- Testing – Student Assessment
- Transition Services
- Monitoring and Compliance
- Least Restrictive Environment
- Graduation Requirements
- Foster Parents
All of these policies are available to current Model Policy Subscribers in the Quality Portal, under the ‘Products and Services’ tab. For schools without a current subscription, you may renew or purchase the Model Policy Subscription in the Quality Portal, under the ‘Products and Services’ tab, and select ‘Begin Purchase’ on the right side of the page. Information about pricing and contents of the 2018 Model Policy Subscription can be found on the TCSA Website.
Each charter schools board of directors must review, adapt, and adopt each policy update prior to uploading the policy on the ESC Region 18 Legal Framework.
For questions regarding the Model Policies, contact Christine Nishimura, Deputy General Counsel at email@example.com or (512) 584-8272. For questions regarding the ESC Region 18 Legal Framework and how to upload new policies, please contact Region 18 or your ESC Regional office.