Teacher Advocacy Leadership Institute (TALI)
Applications for the 2019-2020 TALI Fellowship are now closed.
What is the Teacher Advocacy Leadership Institute (TALI)?
- A highly selective leadership opportunity for outstanding educators looking to gain a voice in decisions that affect their students, families, and charter schools.
- A diverse cohort of 25 educators across the state of Texas who work with students in a charter school.
- Fellows get to stay in their full-time jobs while expanding their influence, starting in October 2019 and concluding on May 2020.
- Fellows participate in monthly virtual and in-person sessions where they receive professional training through expert-led modules and direct engagement with key stakeholders.
- No prior policy or advocacy experience required.
- Fellows receive a $1,000 stipend for their commitment plus expenses for select activities.
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Are currently an educator in a Texas charter school who works directly with students and has a track record of student success (this includes center directors, teacher assistants, paraprofessionals, co-teachers, and Education Support Professionals)
- Will have at least two (2) full years of teaching experience by August 2019.
- Are ready to dedicate your time and passion to learning about policy and advocating on behalf of changes that impact all charter school students.
- Have a passion for sharing your perspectives and experiences and those of students and families you’ve encountered with policymakers.
- Attend an in-person 2-day training at the Texas Charter Schools Conference in San Antonio on October 28th and 29th.
- Participate in a monthly 1-hr webinar; November – May.
- Attend a regional, 4hr training in either Austin, Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio.
- Join the Facebook group for Cohort Two TALI Fellows.
- Complete advocacy action items, including meeting with elected officials, sharing your story with the media, and recruiting other teachers.
What You Will Receive:
- $1,000 stipend.
- Paid registration and travel to attend the 2019 Texas Charter Schools Conference at the JW Marriott in San Antonio.
- Expert training on how to effectively talk to lawmakers, speak to the media, write op-eds, utilize social media, testify before elected officials, and much MORE!
The Teacher Advocacy Leadership Institute Fellowship is a highly selective opportunity. Applications for the 2019-2020 Cohort are now closed.
For more information on the TALI Fellowship, please contact Shreé Medlock, Vice President of Strategic Engagement.