By Dr. Paula Moeller, TCSA Director of Training
Got school board members?
But have they met their training requirements? Returning board members need six hours and new board members need 12 instructional hours of training this year!
TCSA has you covered with a six-hour Board Workshop on the Friday of the Texas Charter Schools Conference October 28-30 at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa. It’s the perfect place for board members to satisfy these compliance training hours and meet the requirements outlined in the Texas Administrative Code §100.1102.
Board members who attend the entire three-day conference can receive up to 10 hours of training credit! View the full schedule by workshop or topic track by downloading the free TCSACon Mobile App.
The list of available topics and sessions include:
- Maintaining a Legal Eye on the Charter Movement
- A Standardized Approach to Budgeting
- Understanding FSP
- Financing Facility Needs with Low-Interest Rates
- Fix Your Board Meetings, Strengthen Your Board
Accountability (reporting, student performance, human resources)
- 10 HR Mistakes That Could Sink Your Charter
- Academic Accountability: What Is Your Data Telling You?
- “Garbage In, Garbage Out” Policies That Govern PEIMS Data That Might Result in Lost Funds
Health and Safety
- The Role of Charter Schools in High-Quality Emergency Management Programs
TCSA is an approved provider of training credit hours and board members will receive a certificate of attendance after completing the training at the conference.