At TCSA we’re continuing our free Tuesday interactive live webinar series for CEOs, board members, and charter school officials. On Tuesday November 20 at noon we will present Basics for Founding Boards and New Board Members. This training will provide insight and guidance to charter governance board members in regards to duties and liabilities, non-delegable duties, nepotism, conflicts of interest, management companies, appropriate roles concerning internal and external audits, and the legal requirements specific to members of the governing body of a charter holder. Commissioner’s Credit – 60 minutes Charter School Law.
Join us Tuesday November 27 at 10:00 am for Social Media Use – A School Leader’s Legal Guide . Expert attorney John Janssen of Powell & Leon, L.L.P. will provide insight into issues involving the inappropriate use of social media and messaging services as well as some common-sense guidelines that schools should follow to avoid potential legal issues resulting from the use of such platforms. Commissioner’s Credit – 60 minutes Charter School Law.
On Tuesday, December 4 at 10:00 am you won’t want to miss Charter School Finance–2019. School finance expert Dr. Toni Templeton Montoya will provide insight and clarity into the basics of Texas charter school finance and the components of the FSP funding system including enrollment, attendance, weighted student formulas, facilities funding, transportation allotments, and more. She’ll also explain the per-pupil differences between ISD and charter funding and how those differences vary from school to school and across the state. Dr. Templeton will help you have a clearer understanding of school finance so you can speak accurately and precisely with strategic partners, legislators, parents, and even charter school opponents. Commissioner’s Credit – 60 minutes School Finance.
All of these webinars are FREE to TCSA members and each webinar offers 60 minutes of Commissioner’s Credit in the categories noted. Do your board members need training? We would love to come to your school and train your board in person – contact Dr. Bruce Marchand for further details.
- Members of the governing body of the charter holder (12 hours in the first year of service, 6 hours annually thereafter)
- Members of the governing body of the charter school (12 hours in the first year of service, 6 hours annually thereafter)
- Chief executive officers (30 hours in the first year of service, 15 hours annually thereafter)
- Central administrative officers (30 hours in the first year of service, 15 hours annually thereafter)
- Campus administrative officers (10 hours in the first year of service, 5 hours annually thereafter)
- Business managers (30 hours in the first year of service, 15 hours annually thereafter)
Don’t let your training requirements lapse – let TCSA be your source for the most up to date trainings for your board and charter staff!